Sunday, November 19, 2006

Procrastination

I thought it would end after high school, but it only gets worse. Here I am writing this, and I have a two-page essay due the day after tomorrow (with other 6-7 page essays due not too far in the future). And I plan on going down to the gym to work out later tonight. I've had since Thursday night (well, maybe Friday because Thursday nights are always party nights anyways) to do all of my work, and I've decided to wait until after nine on Sunday to start my work. I guess it's really true that I do work better under pressure...but it feels like I'm always pushing the limits. Usually when you feel that way your behavior changes, but procrastination has the opposite effect on you--you end up doing it more and more, seeing how far you can push yourself, always starting to work later and later and challenging yourself more and more. That's what I see it as: my life doesn't have enough challenges in it at the moment, so I have to wait until they build up and then use them all together to fulfill the needs of my extreme version of a Type-A personality that I was born with. So now would probably be a good time to start writing that essay, but I'll probably just let Facebook take up the empty spaces left in the time between now and when I go to bed.

1 comment:

38015 said...

"Procrastination

I thought it would end after high school"
Haha, so did I, sadly, I was in error.