Monday, October 02, 2006

A Heartfelt Pick-Me-Up From my Cousin

I was debating for a while whether or not I should post this--if it was too personal, or if it was blog material. Well, I obviously decided to post it, and since today is "The Feast of the Guardian Angels," I thought it was appropriate. I dedicate this to all of you out there who are going through a little homesickness.



"The thing is, though the days will be long and sometimes seem to drag by as you are homesick, just do everything you can to be anywhere but wallowing in that, because in two blinks you will be coming back home, and then before you know it the year will be over and it will have felt like a short summer camp and you will be looking back wishing that you had done more, seen more, experienced more, learned more, laughed more, felt uncomfortable more,met more people, ate more, looked around more... you get it. This is something old people say, but life goes by fast. A year is the smallest amount of time and don't let your head convince you otherwise. Don't worry you are not missing a damn thing back home. When you get back everything will be exactly as it was- you are the most exciting thing happening, just because you are experiencing a lot and changing a lot don't think that the same thing is happening to everyone here without you because it just isn't!

I love you!
Send me some pictures!"

Isn't having a large family a wonderful blessing? It always seems to be the little things in life like this that make you or break you.

No comments: