Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Alitalia is on Strike

Great. I'm already stressed out enough with finals, and I find out this morning that Alitalia (along with other Italian-run transportation services) is going on strike. If you didn't already know, I've already had the last leg of my flight cancelled, which resulted in me having five connections. I fly from here to Milan, Milan to London, London to San Francisco, San Francisco to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles to Ontario. Alitalia is the first two legs of that, up until London. So if Alitalia strikes and my flight isn't flying on Friday, that screws up the rest of my flights, possibly resulting in me missing my main flight, from London to San Francisco. I don't even want to begin to think what might happen if that were to occur, with me joining in the thousands of other angry travelers trying to get put on later flights that have only two seats open. Not a pretty picture.

They just had to strike on Friday. Out of all the days that we're here, I just want to go home, and they're not letting me. But we don't know for sure if our particular flights will be canceled or if we'll be lucky and the strike won't go into effect until later in the day.

No comments: